2007/01/09

Watercolors


I love the look of watercolors. It's a medium for all kind of people. It is easy to use for beginners who just want to shade and color their drawings a little bit and you can also do wonderful paintings with watercolors like Cathy Johnson.
I've never painted alot with watercolors because my paintings always looked so flat and boring. My Resolution for this year is to draw more and more with it. To learn a lot about painting landscapes with watercolor. Today I made 2 paintings in my moleskine. The one is of Chris Cornell. I did the inkdrawing of this 3 days ago and added the color today. I like how it came out, but the picture of it is a little bit bad...I hope I can use our scanner the next time.
The second painting is of a plant in our living room.



1 comment:

Alison said...

Welcome to EDM. Your portrait is great - so dramatic and the shading with watercolor works really well. Keep going.