2007/01/30

bathroom + acrylic experiments


Moleskine LS Page 63+64
Originally uploaded by sternenklar.
It's been a while since I posted the last time. Well, I'm drawing more often than last year, that's a great plus. But in my opinion it could be more ;)
On Sunday I did my first sketch crawl, altough it was just a home-crawl, but better than nothing :)
Yesterday I drew our bathroom after bathing...it's a really weird drawing, but I like it more and more. The left side shows a portrait of a model from a loreal-ad. I saw a girls journal - she paints every page of her journal with a different color (using a paintroll) and then she drew and paint over it. She has such a lovely style...I really adore her. So I tried to use a similiar technique... The portrait looks very well in my opinion. I think I'll paint something like that on canvas (just need to buy some new ones)...
And this weekend I ordered Cathy Johnson's book to sketching in nature...I really can't wait to have it in my hands. I hope the weather stays fine so that I can go out and begin sketching nature!
More soon!

3 comments:

Nina Johansson said...

I love your journal-pages, great drawings and fun experiments. I´m looking forward to checking out your blog every now and then to see more of your work!
And thanks for stopping by on mine, I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Das Portrait sieht wirklich gut aus. Sehr interessant.

wolkenlos said...

@ nina: Thank you! I really appreciate your opinion, you're such a great artist :)