2007/02/01

Leoprint Art Journal


Leoprint Art Journal
Originally uploaded by sternenklar.
One of this years resolutions was to bind my own books. Yesterday I surfed on some bookbinding websites and decided to finally give it a try... This is made after a tutorial of a hedgehog (a moleskine knock-off), but I changed some things.
It's filled with 200 g/m² (110 lb) watercolor paper, 60 pages (?). The cover is cardboard + wrapping paper from IKEA ;) ....
I like the look of this book, but otherwise, i don't now. The pages are ... I can't describe it.... when the book is closed everything looks allright but when you open it the pages look so messy...I think I could only describe this in german ;D
Well...I think I will try out some pages especially with watercolor and then tell you if it works and if I keep it.
I'm not sure if I will do this again. It's too much work for a bad quality product. The only problem is that in germany we don't have many good sketchbooks. The moleskines for sure, but I need a book were I can sketch and also use watercolor. I love the moleskine sketch book but it's not for watercolors. And I don't like the watercolor book that much, because of the landscape-format and the pages that you can rip out of the journal.
I'd love to try these journals: hand book! I think they are perfect...but they are not sold here, even on ebay I can't find them.
Sometimes I hate living in germany ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

★kill-for-creativity Is this your story?

Kreativlink said...

Also, rein optisch sieht's aber toll aus!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.